How To Make A Complaint
How To Make a Complaint
If a parent/carer or child is not happy with the way that the school is dealing with a child’s learning needs, the following action should be:
- Discuss the issues with the class teacher and SENCO. (Sometimes misunderstandings can arise and it is important that parents and school work as a partnership).
- If a problem still exists then the Head teacher or Deputy Head teacher will meet with parent/ carer and SENCO to discuss the matter further.
- The Head teacher /Deputy Head teacher will always have to judge how best to use the school’s available resources for the benefit of both the individual child and the whole school community.
- If the problem is unresolved the parent/carer can then contact the governing body in writing.
- If there is still no agreement the parents have the right to appeal to the LEA. The guidelines under the 1996 Education Act will then be followed.